Reply To: major construction faults and paying a surveyor


We have a technical engineer/surveyor from the College of Architects, Technicians and Builders visiting us tomorrow.

What I urgently need to find out is can we force our Secretary/Administrator to pay their fees from the Community Charges? We would be willing to increase the Community Charge to cover this additional expense but we want to ensure the surveyor’s fee is paid by all the owners including the unsold properties whose fees are being paid by the Constructor.

What we don’t want is the scenario where some people keep their heads down, don’t get involved, don’t contribute but their properties are improved by the contribution of others.

All the properties are affected by the flooding or the damp which are the two issues we want the surveyor to report on.

Many thanks.