Reply To: MEDALS FOR MALAYA ACCUSED MEN

Anonymous
Participant

Hi Draken

Maybe it is me but i still don’t understand.

First of all ASR uses to work, this was based on the assumption that the promoter had a BL and had built the properties in accordance with that BL.

The properties can be occupied etc etc etc, and the Lawyer gives the go ahead to complete.

In this case, one assumes that eventually (how long can they wait?) the Town Hall gets round to inspecting the development and issues a proper LFO.

Next

If in the case of above the developer has not built in line with their BL the Town Hall demands they put it right and then issues (after inspection) a proper LFO.

If they don’t put it right who is to blame?

The developer clearly
The Lawyer for not insisting that a proper LFO is in place?
The owner see above?

Next

If the developer is given a BL (and wrongdoing can not be proven in a court of law) for apartments when originally all that could be build was Town Houses.

The developer applies for an LFO and after six years still has not got a proper LFO but claims one via ASR. Everyone has moved in, many have been resold etc etc etc.

The Town Hall then says “Regardless of the BL (which we granted) you should have built Town Houses, we now revoke the BL, who is to blame?

The developer? (remember nothing can be proved)
The Lawyer for not spotting that the plan says one thing and the BL says another, and not insisting on a proper LFO?
The owner see above?
The Town Hall?

I know you’ve said this is all political and I very much agree as the above does seem to be a bit of a mess for everyone.

Your thoughts?

Regards

Paul