Reply To: Ocean View Properties (Uk agents)

Anonymous
Participant

I will be happy to tell you what I know about them amd our experiences. Just drop me a pm and I will update you.

Others I know have bought with them and have found that their property was being built by Aifos. There was a huge court case between them. Our friends were fortunate and got thier money back

We have been delayed by over a year which seems almost to be the norm these days. As you rightly point out, the furniture is vastly overpriced but they state that the affiliated travel company will market your place through the brochure etc… The only problem I have found (in my experience) is that when you carry out a web search for holiday lets etc.., the company (OVP Travel) never feature in the results

Others may tell you that they are the ‘best thing since sliced bread’

Knowing what I know now, reading what I have read on this forum and having waited for over three years, I would say…………
DON’T BUY OFF PLAN!!

It is a buyers market. take a trip to the region, find some real estate agents and look for a re-sale or existing new property. I’m sure that there won’t be much difference between the prices for an existing apartment and what OV are charging for ‘off plan’

There is no longer the ‘mark-up’ or ‘killing’ to be made that there was five years ago

Regarding the solicitors, OV used a different company when we bought. The owner of that company was buying through OV at the same time. I don’t know whether they still do business, or like us, they got totally exasperated with OV.

I’m not sure whether you have been on the inspection trip yet, but I would be interested to find out just how near the plot you are talking about is to the beach!! đŸ˜‰

Hope this helps