Reply To: Warning – It isnt just CDS effected by Illegal Builds

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Spanish Real Estate Chatter Warning – It isnt just CDS effected by Illegal Builds Reply To: Warning – It isnt just CDS effected by Illegal Builds

Anonymous
Participant

One can complete without a LFO Mr Dorrel and the property can be registered in the Land Registry under the name of the client, so it is legal.

Albeit it it is not correct. Because if a LFO has not been granted for a number of months or even years then there is a very serious planning issue or perhaps some other issue. The clients could have trouble at a later date because the propspective purchaser’s lawyer will refuse to buy if they had no LFO. Or else they might not be hooked up to the utilities. Or else…

So it is legal but professionally it is not correct. And for your information I have told clients to go and find some other lawyer if they kept on insisting in for example buying problematic rustic land which I refused to complete on.

I earn a salary, bonuses and perks, so I get paid just the same regardless if the client completes or not. I take no percentage -yet-.

Only this week I have two cases of such stubborn clients. Thre is no LFO yet, because the developers have just applied for it, not because there are illegal issues, and even so the clients are just not capable of waiting whatever it takes for it to be granted.