Reply To: A legal Question



You have official declaration of that mortage as a paid debt with the deed that you have. The Land Registry is an office for public information, but you can always prove before third parties ( interested or not) that the house has no mortgage loan on it as you have got Notary deeds that proves that.

If a case arrives that you need to have it registered and you see that it is impossible to have the vendor cancelling it and don´t want to go into a legal procedure to do so, there is another option : you can register the cancellation by your own means, and as a final attempt, to ask the previous owner to pay that amount voluntarily of judicially. It depends of what will come as necessary.