Reply To: Monte Pego

Anonymous
Participant

mikegrant2/marios.

Thank you both for your response. We actually went out to Monte Pego in November and have now just put down a deposit on a villa. We really like the whole area ( Moraira/Jalonvalley/Orba valley/Pego etc.) The quality we thought was very good.

We had already looked at some properties in the Jalon Valley but the quality was awful. Also last October we went to Almeria to look there, lovely villas (Lakes Vega and Garcia) at very good prices but the area was too arid for us and they are building everywhere. I think the location must come first.

We were shown quite a few plots on Monte Pego, some were too big for us as we only want a holiday home. On the second day of looking, we found one that was right for us. We have some pleasant views both of the sea and the mountains.

We were shown around the area, the offices, restaurant, local bar, there is a BBVA bank on the site and Mayodorma (rentals, maintenance, post box location). There is also a small supermarket but it was closed when we were there, probably closes during the very low season.

One thing you do need, is a car, although it is not far from Pego and Denia, it is too far to walk.

We have just had the memo of sale from Monte Pego and are waiting to hear from our lawyer to say that everything is as it should be. Our lawyer
was one recommended from this site and so far so good.

We were told that it would be ready about March 2007 and that they are often finished earlier – time will tell. My husband semi-retires November 2008 so we are not in a hurry – we hardly have any time for holidays at the moment.

Mikegrant2 – If you would like me to keep you informed of our progress please let me know and Marios I would also be pleased if you could p.m me – if you find out anything good or bad about Monte Pego.

Regards.

😕 😀