Reply To: Another tax question (sorry!)


Mrs. H.

I can see what you are trying to clarify and I guess the safest thing to do is present an annual tax declaration – even if you don’t have any income -just to be sure that the Spanish tax authorities have you registered as a fiscal resident when you come to sell. However I guess you would need to do both Income tax (IRPF) and wealth tax (Patrimonio), but as I’m not a tax specialist I can’t be sure. As José María says, you should check your personal circumstances with a tax advisor to be on the safe side. I’ll look into it in more detail but it’ll take me a bit of time.