Reply To: If I knew then what I know now…….

Anonymous
Participant

Hi Pen-Pusher,

What a hard-hitting, lucid and well-informed contribution. Exactly the sort of thing I like to read in this forum. Thank you.

Only one thing. You mixed up Paul’s name with mine. Paul is a regular contributor who is very knowledgeable and experienced on the subject of buying property in Spain. However I’m the one behind the site content and I moderate the forum so I have corrected your posting and replaced the name Paul with my own name – Mark.

I would appreciate it if you would continue to contribute to this forum, perhaps by responding from time to time to the posts of others who don’t have your experience. People approaching the subject of buying property in Spain have a huge amount to learn from those who have already been there. There are so many pitfalls, charlatans and snake oil merchants on the road that good people who just want to buy a home in a lovely part of the world find themselves unwittingly entering into a minefield. Those of us with experience can do a great deal of good by imparting sound advice on a subject where it is notoriously difficult to come across.

By the way I hope you have signed up for our news bulletin. It provides real insight into the Spanish property market and in future will also alert you to fiscal regulations that might affect you, plus lots of ideas and tips for solving the challenges of owning property in Spain.

Mark