Reply To: Do you need a solicitor and a fiscal rep?



Dear Matchey, I totally agree with Mark saying that the procedure you describe is the usual one but you shouldn’t do it without a lawyer as a lawyer will draft a good contract for your interests , will check in the Land Registry, etc, etc.

My advice on paying to the agency is : do it only if they have a written authorisation to sell the property and recieve deposits, although as Mark said better pay it to your lawyer, I would say something else, better pay to the vendor’s lawyer if they have one, that is an extra guarantee.

But the main advice is a Please do it with a lawyer.


Jose Maria Sánchez Alfonso
Fuengirola, Málaga
tel/fax 95.2479268