Reply To: Do you need a solicitor and a fiscal rep?



Dear Matchey,

The procedure you have described is quite common. However the details of the contract you sign are crucial and you need a lawyer to check them over for you, along with appropriate due diligence on the property. Special attention must be paid to payments made to the agent as this is a risk factor. It’s always better to make these types of payments to an escrow account of your solicitor but having said that it is quite common for people to make these types of payments to the estate agent handling the sale. However if this is the case then the contract that covers these payments must be watertight.

Kind regards

Spanish Property Insight