Reply To: 10% Price increases for Villas in Malaga during Covid 19?

Spanish Property Insight Forums Spanish Property Forums Property Questions & Answers 10% Price increases for Villas in Malaga during Covid 19? Reply To: 10% Price increases for Villas in Malaga during Covid 19?

mscholder
Participant

Hola Geoffrey,

We appreciate your feedback on our 2 forum questions.

I re-read my Google translated version of the Idealista article, which uses the terms: Chalet, single family homes, villas, apartments, flats and pisos. The article pointed out that the prices for some types of property, specifically chalets, single family homes, villas were increasing in small to modest percentages in Southern Spain but prices for apartments, flats and pisos were slightly down or only slightly higher.

According to the article, for all of Andalucia, single-family home prices were 3.9% higher but apartments were down 1.6%. The prices for chalets in Malaga province are up 10%, but apartments were down 0.1% for Malaga province. In the city of Malaga, villas were up 1.5% while pisos (flats, apartments, and condos?) were 1.9% higher.

It is not clear to me that chalets, single family homes, and villas are synonymous but I presume that pisos, flats, and apartments are synonymous. What is your view of the usage of those terms?

Gracias, Michael