This is the case with La Caixa / HolaBank:
To apply for a bank account in Spain while still abroad, customers need to fill in the application form and return it along with following documents:
– Colored copy of passport and NIE number (if available).
– Recent proof of home address, for example utility bills, for each applicant.
– Occupation and income: if employed a copy of the latest tax return and a recent salary slip; if self-employed or company director, a copy latest tax return and a letter from an accountant confirming figures (shareholdings in the company, turnover, profits, etc.).
– Recent bank account statement from main bank account and where you will be transferring funds over to Spain from.
– Reason to open an account: for example purchase contract or employment offer.
Please note that to finalize the account opening process and to activate an account, customers are required to attend a personal meeting at the designated local branch in Spain.