Winding up of estate

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #193110

      My Late wife and I are non residents and joint owners of a rural country home (Finca) in Mijas that we have owned for twenty plus years. Can you advise me as to who I should approach with regard to the winding up of my wife’s estate. What would seem logical is to contact a specialist attorney in Spain who speaks English and who could help with various matters including the updating of our tax status. With having had a recent experience with an attorney wanting to charge ultra expensive fees this naturally is a road that I fear to tread, and would value your imput as to who I should talk to in this regard.

    • #193149

      Dear Len, I am  sorry to hear about your wife. If your wife´s estate in Spain is just the other half share of the ownership of your property in Mijas then the winding up of your wife’s estate is straight forward and legal fees to undertake this work should not be expensive. It is always better that you seek legal and tax advice from specialist profesional that are regulated. If you have already given a quote that you believe is expensive then you should contact other firms and compare. My firm will be able to assist  and provide you with a quote if you still need help.  Oscar

    • #193266

      Hello Len. Are you planning on selling? I ask because I am currently looking at rural properties in the Marbella area.  – Greg

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Other Subjects’ is closed to new topics and replies.