Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • #53249


      I came to Spain in 2004, and viewed several properties with my friend, who lived here with a view to purchasing.

      Towards the end of my holiday, I went to view a new build property, and wanted to buy it, the building contract at that time was in the name of my friend, who explained it would be soon completed.

      When I went back to the UK, I placed a small deposit on the property.

      Because I was dealing with my friend, we never had a formal contract in place, and agreed the cost of the property and terms verbally.

      Due to it taking much longer to sell my property in the UK, I was unable to pay the balance of the agreed cost until July of 2005

      I moved into the property of July of 2005, and am currently living there, the property is free of all charges, and I am living there peacefully.

      My problem is that my friend and I have never been to the notary to complete the sale officially, and now she is refusing to do so, saying I have failed to make all the payments agreed

      Since I do not have any contract, or proof of our agreement, is there anything I can do?

      I do have proof that the payments were made, as they were made by bank transfer, but there was never any note against the transfers with regard to the property being purchased.

      I was unaware that there was a problem with the escritura not being in my name, until I went to file my taxes, when the gestor asked me for a copy of my escritura

      The vendor and I are no longer friends, and she has since moved to the UK

      Is there any recourse I can take legally?

      I have no witnesses to our agreement, and no form of paperwork to prove the payments were even for the property I am now living in.

      With hindsight, I realise this was a very foolish thing to do, but I could never have imagined a dear friend could do this to me


Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Real Estate Topics, News & Discussion​’ is closed to new topics and replies.