Beware what can happen if you complete without an LFO

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

Spotted the following post on the Eye on Spain website from a buyer in Finca San Antonio in Mijas who completed without the Licence of First Occupation being in place (which you legally DO NOT HAVE TO DO). They have been on the developer’s water and electricity supply since completion. Anyone thinking of doing this be warned :

The generator electricity went off at 11.0.p.m. last night (Mon). It has just been re-connected today (Tues) at 1.30.p.m. Apparently there was no fuel. A couple of hours ago the maintenece man (Alex) delivered an undated letter on plain A4 paper with no heading stating that each owner who had signed for their apartment was due to pay water, generator hire and fuel and community maintenance. My bill was for June, July and August 2006 and amounted to 1.200 euros. There were no supporting documents to support their figures or calculations. I suppose those of you who signed before me will be having a demand for a larger figure.

I suggest you contact your lawyer to ascertain the legal situation. My own advised me some time ago that I might be liable for fuel costs of the generator but not the machine hire costs.

Anonymous
      Participant

Worse still a friend of mine who is a builder has just had to bail out a small urbanisation because the developer ‘Forgot’ to pay his electricity bill. The friend had to supply an emergency generator suitable for 4 villas as well as fuel. For the weekend hire it amounted to about 1000 euros (truck hire to lift the generator, plus installation into each of the boxes with a certifited electrician etc) and he was merely helping out his mate who bought there.

Be careful what you get yourself into.

Anonymous
      Participant

Eralia has informed a friend who has bought on the lower level of Santa Maria Green Hills that they have to complete now or loose 50% of monies paid as they(Eralia) have an LFO under the “administrative silence” rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙄 😈 ❗

Anonymous
      Participant

Unfortunately, we are in exactly the same position Claire, but what can we do ❓ It really is a catch 22

Jaykay

Anonymous
      Participant

Are you buying at Green Hills?If so don’t complete. They are up the creek without a paddle. If you have a Bank guarantee, exercise it ASAP.

Anonymous
      Participant

No, am buying in Cabo Roig, builder is Grupo Enrique Escudero, dont know wether to use another lawyer, ours assure us that he has applied for LFO and might have it in time for completion, she tells us that it is not a problem!!!!

Jaykay

Melosine
      Participant

jaykay
      It won’t be a problem for your lawyer but it might be for you

Getting a second opinion from another lawyer might save you heaps of worry in the future and when people are forced into compromises alarm bells ring.

Please take care.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Spanish Real Estate Chatter’ is closed to new topics and replies.