HolaBank financing solutions are tailored to the needs of expats, and foreigners with second homes in Spain.
Financing can be a key part of making your dreams come true, for example when buying a home or holiday-home. And because financing can be a complex issue, HolaBank do everything possible to simplify the process by focusing on what matters to our customers who have chosen to invest in Spain.
Along with a competitive range of financing solutions, we can offer you high-value financial support, advice, and investment guidance, for example on how to go about finding and buying a property in Spain, all in your own language.
In any financing process (1) with our clients, we promise to offer:
- A flexible and 100% safe process from any country.
- Solvency study in 48 hours.
- With multilingual operators who will guide you through the process.
- We accept documentation from your home country without the need for a translation (2).
Take, for example, our fixed-rate 20-year mortgage
This is a mortgage where the interest rate won’t change in 20 years, so that you can have the peace of mind of knowing that, whatever happens, you’ll always pay the same instalments throughout the life of the mortgage, with the possibility of reduced repayments if you take out other related products from HolaBank, greater control over your family’s finances, and a mortgage pre-approval before proceeding with a valuation, to avoid disappointed.
HolaBank is part of the CaixaBank group – one of the leading financial institutions in Spain. But much more than other banks in Spain, HolaBank branches and its online banking apps are specifically organised to address the needs of expats and second-home owners from abroad, offering products and services tailored to their needs in English, and other languages.
Visit the HolaBank webpage for more information on our financing solutions, or click the banner below.
(1) Granting of the transaction is subject to an analysis of the applicant’s creditworthiness and ability to make repayments, based on the credit institution’s risk policies. 2. We accept documentation in: English, German, Dutch, French, Swedish, Italian, Portuguese, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic and Finnish.