This section of the website is all about buying, owning, and selling property in Catalonia. It is designed to give you the information and resources you need to make an informed decision on everything related to buying, owning or selling properties in Catalonia. Given the sums of money involved when it comes to property, mistakes and bad decisions based on false or unreliable information can be prove very expensive. So do your home work, bone up on the issues, and be careful whom you deal with.
Catalonia is a beautiful part of Spain, with a great variety of landscapes. It offers everything from the stunning Mediterranean coastline of the Costa Brava to snow capped mountains in the Pyrenees. There can’t be many other places in the world that offer such a variety of attractive landscapes just 2 hours flying time from the UK and other parts of northern Europe. This variety of landscapes and climates makes it an attractive destination for property buyers.
Catalonia is also one of the wealthiest regions in Spain, and an affluent local population means that property in Catalonia is expensive compared to other parts of Spain. So Catalonia is not, on the whole, a place for property buyers on a tight budget, though rural property in the south of Catalonia can still be had for a reasonable price.
In part due to higher prices, and local demand from Barcelona, there are fewer non-Spanish buyers, owners and vendors in Catalonia than is the case in popular areas further south. So if you are thinking of buying property in Catalonia, bear in mind that prices are high by Spanish standards, and there aren’t so many of the foreign ‘ghettos’ you find in other popular coastal areas.
Buying property in Catalonia
As you would expect from such a varied and attractive regions, there is a wide choice of properties in Catalonia, from city apartments in Barcelona, to villas on the Costa Brava and Costa Dorada, and masias, or country houses, inland.
The information and resources you need will depend upon where in Catalonia you own or wish to buy, and the type of property you are interested in.
- Barcelona Property Guide
- A guide to buying property in Barceloneta
- A guide to buying property in the Born district of Barcelona
- A guide to buying property in the Gracia district of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Barrio Gótico (Gothic Quarter) of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Pedralbes district of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Poble Sec district of Barcelona
- A guide to Property in the Raval District of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Sant Martí & Poblenou district of Barcelona
- A guide to property in the Sarrià – Sant Gervasi district of Barcelona
- Apartments for sale in Barcelona
- Houses and villas for sale in Barcelona
- Property For Sale in Barcelona
- Barcelona property market report
- Property buyer’s guide: Barcelona strengths and weaknesses
- A guide to property in the Eixample (Ensanche) district of Barcelona
- Barcelona property as a rental investment
- A guide to real estate in Barcelona
- Leading Estate Agents In Barcelona
- Costa Brava Property Guide
- Costa Dorada
- Guide to property in Catalonia and the best homes for sale
- Pyrenees Property Guide
- South Catalonia country properties