i think if the pound was still where it was the spainish market would be in a stronger place.that said i would rather be waiting for the pound to climb as a buyer than waiting for the bottom to be reached and to see some growth as a buyer
I agree with you. Those two factors (the bottom of the market and a weak pound) are closely interlinked since the British are/were such big players in the market. I am resident in the UK with a GBP income, therefore as a GBP buyer, buying right now exposes me to a double whammy if prices in Euros go down AND, as I think is likely at current rates, the pound recovers some ground against the Euro
Either one of these risks I would happily take in my stride but it is the spectre of both that make it so frustrating. Everything I see and read tells me to wait but as I’ve said so often I’m not an investor so in the end it is a question of how much I want it. I will at least be going in to it with a degree of realism and it always makes me smile when I see ads, saying of a property for sale “great investment potential”.