Re: Re: Demise of the Euro closer? – Ignore this if it bores you

LoadingFavourite
Profile photo of Chris McCarthy
Chris McCarthy
Participant

@Ardun wrote:

No but the difference is that now those countries are not free to do whatever they feel is in their best interest.
Now they are even being ordered around by foreign powers.

True.

What goes around comes around though.

The Italians have just voted 150 – 12 for austerity measures, they get a new government this next week, Greece likewise, Spain very shortly also via its electorate. I don’t see any majority, anywhere in the 17 who are saying they want to come out of the Euro though Ardun, do you?

Nobody could have thought going into the 17, into one Euro currency, that they would ever again be totally free to do as they chose did they?

And nobody put anybody up against a wall to join either. Countries did vote their way in, did they not?

Europe has had a catastrophic week, we all saw it coming, jeeze this thread has seen everything coming, but we move on, it is being dealt with as we speak.

It is Britain I worry about for the future, I would be more worried about demise of Sterling than the Euro, I don’t think our policies and posturing will be easily forgotten or forgiven in the future.

And if we want out of the wider community, then we should be very wary and cognisant of how quickly and eagerly the door is shown to us, the Euro Sceptic should be very careful what he or she wishes for.