Reply To: Why are illegal constructions not appearing in Spanish media

LoadingFavourite
Profile photo of Anonymous
Anonymous
Participant

@katy wrote:

Yes it’s true, many thousands do not know (except about Marbella). There are also many thousands who do not want to know. Why do you think GIL and other Mayors were re-elected after they had been arrested? Because Local people were doing very well out of construction…Nepotism and Patronage from their Leaders.

Similar with many British living here, they live in a bubble, appeasing the Spanish and accusing the fellow British of being naive! Most I speak to think the Property Market will pick up by the end of the year 🙄

People know about Marbella corruption, but I do not know if Spanish people know about demolitions. I am not involved in nothing like this, but if I had bought a Spanish house using normal legal procedures, a Notario and all that, and they tell me they will demolish my house and all the Notarios and folks have no problem at all, I would become mad.

I believe all demolitions should take place if they are illegal constructions, but the professionals involved in the deal, if they were not able to tell the buyer what was going on, are fully liable.