Reply To: A messge to Mark Stucklin

LoadingFavourite
Profile photo of Anonymous
Anonymous
Participant

@charlie wrote:

@lenox wrote:
… maybe you may want to wait another year or two before buying a home in Spain – but, do you want to waste another couple of years living in the UK or Ireland.

It’s not necessary “to waste another couple of years”. If you have the money to buy and are able to leave UK, surely the solution is to stick your money somewhere safe bringing in some interest and simply rent while riding out the fall in prices. There are certainly tons of rentals out there for the choosing.
To buy now rather than wait to me is madness, prices are only going one way in the foreseeable future.

Elizabeth C has a (already reduced) 450,000 euro villa for sale. I have a feeling she may well need to reduce further before a sale is found.

No need to reduce the price of my (already reduced) villa…it is rented and would make a good investment for someone who has cash and doesn’t need to pay a mortgage but wants the income! Not many investments out there today would pay 16,000 euros + per year!

I love Spain and know it is only a matter of time before things will look up. Where else do you have such lovely weather, beaches, food, wine….. I only started the thread so that maybe we could get some positive comments going. As usual, people had to turn it into a doom fest!
Love that euribor 2.1% yippeee!!