Reply To: what if

LoadingFavourite
Profile photo of Anonymous
Anonymous
Participant

OK, what if we all call a spade a spade.
“………no, mg, not ‘considered’ conned, but liked many others ‘CONNED’, and the the sooner you accept that, the better”
So they held a shotgun to your head to get you to sign and part with money?
It can be said that there is now more publicity, but many with sense didn’t listen to the sales talk even 10 years ago.
Many, many, many, got caught out in the time share scandal in the Canaries. Thought they were getting a bargain. Pressure selling yes, but the punter had the choice of putting pen to paper or walking.

” otherwise you look very foolish indeed”
To the likes of those who have lost money maybe.
So who is the fool, I don’t recall saying I had bought off-plan and yet have nothing to show for it.

“you would rather blame the victims than the scum bags we know about”
So if they were “scumbags”, I assume that you could not determine that in the first, it took them to take your money before you became wise.
Remember, if someone knocks at your door and asking for entry for whatever the reason, don’t go on face value, unless you want to lose out and call them “scumbags” later.

“You have made it quite obvious on who’s side you stand”
I would hope so. I am on the side of the law of the land and believe that in majority of instances, it takes 2 to tango. One to con and one to fall for it.
I know the conman is the villain, but if someone cam up to me in the street and asked for 1000 cash, I would say no. If someone armed with a gun asked the same, then I would feel I had good reason to hand over.
Is it greed, rose tinted glass, or what then people rush to give their monet away after viewing a couple of plans and models.
As I have asked before, WHAT IF a car salesman asked for 50K for a car that was at design stages, would hoards be rushing to part with their money?