Reply To: Warning – It isnt just CDS effected by Illegal Builds

LoadingFavourite
Profile photo of Anonymous
Anonymous
Participant

I have never sold illegal houses in the Catral/Dolores area, and I have tried to warn potential buyers via mywebsite, advertising in CBNews and Euro Weekly News, displaying newpaper articles in my office window in Almoradi, and of course, personal warnings to property seekers who contacted us.

This is not a buying off plan problem – the houses were built without planning permission in an area where at best a minimum of 10,000m2 was and still is required, and at worst no building whatsoever was allowed.

Quite simply,all that was required was sight of the planning permission or if still a plot, the Cedula Urbanistica which would have shown if building was allowed, the size and type of structure, and minimum size plot required.

Some people were totally duped by agents and solicitors, and those people should send full details to the EEAU (http://www.eeau.eu) who will at the very least blacklist the offenders, and if feasible, take legal action.

Unfortunately, many people chose to ignore our warnings and are now suffering the consequences.

Those within the El Hondo natural park area are almost certain to see their homes demolished, but most of the remainder will probably be legalised via an urbanisation plan which will bring the area up to standard with mains drains etc.The owners will have to pay for this, and possibly give up land for road widening etc. No doubt we’ll hear cries of “Land Grab” when that happens, but I’d like to put on record now that
THESE HOUSES ARE ILLEGAL AND SHOULD NOT BE THERE, AND THE ALTERNATIVES ARE URBANISATION OR DEMOLITION