Reply To: New Purchasers??? Read These Links about this Company!!!

LoadingFavourite
Profile photo of Anonymous
Anonymous
Participant

@Guest wrote:

Yes that was a hard hitting post by Costa Shark and yes there was some truth in it. But it also sounds like a bit of personal venting.

After all, Costa Shark, according to your own words –
“After living on the coast for many years and dealing in Property for a great number of those” – it sounds as though you have been an agent yourself. I would venture to guess you do not view yourself as one the corrupt of who you speak.

My only point is that not ALL are of the same mold. Yes there are many many horrible agents out there. But the good news – in my opinion, is that things are changing. Not fast enough, but they are changing. I have been here for a little over 10 years and I see the slowdown in the property market as the best possible thing for the CDS. 3-4 years ago when things were really flying high in the property game – the numbers of people who perfectly fit the description Costa Shark gave (ie everything out of ther mouth = Bull***t, Bull***t Bull***t) was astounding!! There are still a LOT here, but they are gettiing weeded out. And it is my hope that with all the people and businesses moving down here, we will continue to move toward the norm of business being done properly and transparently.

We have a long ways to go – but I truely believe we are moving in the right direction.

And education is the key. So I take my hat off to Mark for creating this board. I recommend it to everyone I come in contact with who is thinking about buying here. A little education and common sense will go a long ways.

Anyway – that was my rant. As you were.

One guess. Your a Marbella agent!!!

Reveal yourself, guest!! I totally agree with everything you are saying and if this is truly the picture you are painting for a bright and happy future for new agents thinking of working here on the CDS to be an agent, then GOD BLESS. I have spent my time AND money trying to educate anyone I meet about learning from my own mistakes when I first arrived, rather than their own. I AM a cynic, who the …. isnt? You have been living and working here in Spain? Well, yes ….so have I. I agree that the slow down is a good thing. But what about the little guy huh? What about them? Ask yourself this. If YOUR son or daughter wanted to spend a year on the coast, knowing what you know, what would you say? Interesting..

I hate to see time and time again another story of another victim of this coast. I would stand up and be counted in a campaign to stop this. If the Brits can come over here and change the coast (and come on, make no illusions here, we have whether it be changing the coasts “code of ethics” to actually just trying to be honest? Where did that old fashioned word go? I love this place and have seen the best AND the worst of my life here. But its only terrain. Its the people that make the planet not the barren land. I am glad you say, Mr Guest, that there is a new breed…but I doubt it. Where is the good “godfather” here. Where! Nobody protects you on this coast unless you have money to pay someone. You cant even get protection from the lawyers who are dodgy! I want to ask you one question. Where do you go when your lawyers screwed you over or your accountant has? No. Its not happened to me, my accountant is Spanish and very trustworthy. But what about the new ones coming here? What do they do? Trust the next flashy office they see in P Banus?

When all is said and done. What are you going to do if you get a problem here on the Costa del Sol and you have no money?

Not answers on a postcard please, but surely, even Mark would recognise the realism here. Things have to change, but in order to change all these issues have to be recognised. The honest truth is hard. But its better than being a liar. Thats why you BECOME a journalist.