Top 20 places to invest in 2006, what a joke!

LoadingFavourite

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris McCarthy Chris McCarthy 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

I watched “A place in the sun” Top 20 places to invest in property in 2006. It was on sky tv. It was hilarious to watch the predictions! I couldn’t find it on “you tube”, so found this link of the money you can make, 10 years on from 2006.

http://www.nubricks.com/archives/7/a-place-in-the-sun-20-best-places-to-make-money-2/

Sort of makes it clear why a lot of people did buy back then when programmes like this were on tele all the time.

Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

And read the posts below from the poor suckers who fell for it! 😕

Profile photo of Chris McCarthy
    Chris McCarthy
    Participant

@jonas wrote:

I watched “A place in the sun” Top 20 places to invest in property in 2006.

I remember being suitably – gobsmacked when I saw Romania coming up Number One, and the projected returns, well frankly I was always astonished at the predictions made so glibly how values were going to rise ever upward.

APITS has a lot to answer for I think yes. When prices peaked on the CDS they helped to start a run that went on for a long time in all manner of weird and frankly not so wonderful locations.

It was a very irresponsible program I thought. They should have just stuck with showing people buying homes in various locations.

Very good link to look at Jona, almost puts me saying the property market hit the bottom in February 2009 look good hey Charlie? Eeeeh what did we do before the internet though?

Profile photo of Inez
    Inez
    Participant

Hey Chris – before internet we had to insult each other in person lol 🙂

Profile photo of Chris McCarthy
    Chris McCarthy
    Participant

@inez wrote:

Hey Chris – before internet we had to insult each other in person lol 🙂

Very true… 😆

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.