Standard Personal Allowance

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CMK CMK 8 months ago.

  • Author
  • #192311
    Profile photo of spainman

    I receive a Retirement  pension from uk and spain . I am resident in Spain. I receive pension gross from Uk and transfer to a Spanish bank here. I am taxed here since my income exceeds the Spanish personal allowance band of 7050euros P A. The personal allowance band in Uk where the pension originated is roughly 13000 euros p: A. My pension does not exceed this. Should the Spanish tax authorities not take this higher personal allowance band into consideration. That would leave me tax free

    • This topic was modified 8 months ago by Profile photo of spainman spainman.
  • #192317
    Profile photo of CMK

    You must pay taxes according to where you officially are resident. Otherwise half of Europe would be drawing income from Switzerland but live in Spain paying Swiss taxes. The only way around it would be to spend less time in Spain so as to not trigger Spanish residency, I think.


    There is lots of info to be online on this:

    How UK pensions are taxed in Spain


You must be logged in to reply to this topic.