Shameless property sales guff & balderdash

LoadingFavourite

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anonymous Anonymous 6 years, 4 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #55661
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    I often come across articles that make the most extraordinary claims about property in Spain, usually from the investment angle. And not just Spain; the same sort of claims are being made by people trying to sell property all over the world.

    What we need is a thread dedicated to property balderdash. If you are the lucky recipient of such material by email, or read it online, link to it and/or copy the best quotes here. Let’s see who is saying what, and keep a record of it. And not just Spain; any fanciful claims about property, wherever it is. See who can find the most outrageous claims

    To kick off, something picked up by Google alerts yesterday:

    “Spain has been offering excellent property investments opportunities for over 3 decades with foreign investors, particularly the British, finding the Spanish property market immensely lucrative from the investment point of view. Spain is a popular second home destination among Europeans and if you are conversant in Spanish, there is really no better place to invest your hard-earned cash than Spain. You’ll experience some of the best facilities and high standards of living in Spain, which is animportant factor as far as second home buyers are concerned. An estimated half million Europeans have already bought a property in Spain over the past 5 years!”

    http://www.bigredchilli.co.uk/2010/06/investment-property-in-spain/

  • #98948
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    i started looking for a property in almeria in 2007 and the tactics used by the agent were great real friendly even invited us round for a bbq at his house after we went home he kept sending emails and friendly banter flowed, then early this year i got a rather off email saying if i couldn’t afford to buy now i never would,sent him one back saying if i had bought in 2007 at a time he said was ” a great time to invest” i would be the owner of a property worth around 50’000 euros less than i paid for it so he could keep his finiancal advice and when i was ready to buy at a time i thought right i would and that i would now use another agent,my inbox has been strangely quiet ever since 😆

  • #98951
    Profile photo of angie
    angie
    Spectator

    Have just received an email from http://www.overseaspropertysales.co.uk trying to sell me ‘a truly great bargain in Elviria’ only 240k euros but reduced from –5,0000 k euros suggesting this is a million euros plus property, Oh yeah! Apparently this company was formed by someone called Gary Oliver ex —-. Here they come , the agents pushing outlandish property because the pound is worth 1.20 euros.

    How did he get my email?

    Chris, you probably know him re his website, did he take a load of client emails from you?

    can anyone enlighten me please?

  • #98954
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @mark wrote:

    I often come across articles that make the most extraordinary claims about property in Spain, usually from the investment angle. And not just Spain; the same sort of claims are being made by people trying to sell property all over the world.

    What we need is a thread dedicated to property balderdash. If you are the lucky recipient of such material by email, or read it online, link to it and/or copy the best quotes here. Let’s see who is saying what, and keep a record of it. And not just Spain; any fanciful claims about property, wherever it is. See who can find the most outrageous claims

    To kick off, something picked up by Google alerts yesterday:

    “Spain has been offering excellent property investments opportunities for over 3 decades with foreign investors, particularly the British, finding the Spanish property market immensely lucrative from the investment point of view. Spain is a popular second home destination among Europeans and if you are conversant in Spanish, there is really no better place to invest your hard-earned cash than Spain. You’ll experience some of the best facilities and high standards of living in Spain, which is animportant factor as far as second home buyers are concerned. An estimated half million Europeans have already bought a property in Spain over the past 5 years!”

    http://www.bigredchilli.co.uk/2010/06/investment-property-in-spain/

    Hi Mark,

    the article starts with:

    “Althought this year (2007) has seen a general slowdown in the overseas property market and especially within the Spanish property sector “

    It might be that between 2002-2007 half million Europeans had bought a property in Spain.
    But none since then. 😀

  • #98962
    Profile photo of katy
    katy
    Spectator

    http://www.propertyshowrooms.com/spain/

    Couldn’t be bothered to read much of their site but they seem to be selling all over the world 😆 Phone number suggests they are based around Fuengirola.

  • #98965
    Profile photo of Fuengi (Andrew)
    Fuengi (Andrew)
    Participant

    @katy wrote:

    http://www.propertyshowrooms.com/spain/

    Couldn’t be bothered to read much of their site but they seem to be selling all over the world 😆 Phone number suggests they are based around Fuengirola.

    they are. telesale office for all intents and purposes. and ‘ipin’ is located in an old viva offce. half the viva banner are still in place…

  • #98988
    Profile photo of angie
    angie
    Spectator

    In reply to my own post above then, I take it Gary Oliver being ex Viva, either took the client base or was given by someone in Viva’s office!

  • #99002
    Profile photo of Fuengi (Andrew)
    Fuengi (Andrew)
    Participant

    @angie wrote:

    In reply to my own post above then, I take it Gary Oliver being ex Viva, either took the client base or was given by someone in Viva’s office!

    Hi Angie,
    yes he is ex-viva. Only Chris would know if the rest happened

  • #99003
    Profile photo of Chris McCarthy
    Chris McCarthy
    Participant

    @angie wrote:

    Have just received an email from http://www.overseaspropertysales.co.uk trying to sell me ‘a truly great bargain in Elviria’ only 240k euros but reduced from –5,0000 k euros suggesting this is a million euros plus property, Oh yeah! Apparently this company was formed by someone called Gary Oliver ex —-. Here they come , the agents pushing outlandish property because the pound is worth 1.20 euros.
    How did he get my email?
    Chris, you probably know him re his website, did he take a load of client emails from you?
    can anyone enlighten me please?

    I have just seen this…

    I am now in correspondence with Mr Oliver about this matter and will get back to you, unless you were registered with Planet VIVA an activity with which was developed during my time away from the company, then I can’t see why you would have been contacted, as most certainly Mr Oliver should not be in possession of any emails from me.

    I have an alter ego or two that are registered on a number of websites, from which I also recieve balderdash and guff, and I am surprised at the number of times I then recieve mail from people with whom I have never registered who have obviously been passed my mail address.

    It can be an incredibly serious matter of course to mess with the Data Protection Act, and everyone has very clear rights in that area, and I for one take the Act very seriously.

    I would urge anyone who feels that their personal data may have been misused, sold or simply swapped around to report that fact. It isn’t funny, clever or innocent, it is plain wrong and potentially criminal.

  • #99004
    Profile photo of Chris McCarthy
    Chris McCarthy
    Participant

    @fuengi wrote:

    @katy wrote:
    they are. telesale office for all intents and purposes. and ‘ipin’ is located in an old viva offce. half the viva banner are still in place…

    Somebody pointed that out to me recently, and it is very bizarre that you would go to the expense of branding 75% of your office but leave a whole side section with the branding of defunct company.

    But once again, I can advise this has nothing to do with me! I don’t know the people, but I do get their “investment” guff via email and sometimes find it as bizarre as their leaving the office branding incomplete.

  • #99005
    Profile photo of Chris McCarthy
    Chris McCarthy
    Participant

    @fuengi wrote:

    @angie wrote:
    In reply to my own post above then, I take it Gary Oliver being ex Viva, either took the client base or was given by someone in Viva’s office!

    Hi Angie,
    yes he is ex-viva. Only Chris would know if the rest happened

    Just for the record, I think the final count of ex VIVA people was somewhere over 1,130 people, so please don’t hold me to account for every single one.

  • #99006
    Profile photo of angie
    angie
    Spectator

    Thanks Fuengi and Chris.

    BTW Chris I was not holding you responsible for the email, I mean why would you? Clearly Gary Oliver got hold of it though.

  • #99007
    Profile photo of Fuengi (Andrew)
    Fuengi (Andrew)
    Participant

    @Chris McCarthy wrote:

    @fuengi wrote:
    @angie wrote:
    In reply to my own post above then, I take it Gary Oliver being ex Viva, either took the client base or was given by someone in Viva’s office!

    Hi Angie,
    yes he is ex-viva. Only Chris would know if the rest happened

    Just for the record, I think the final count of ex VIVA people was somewhere over 1,130 people, so please don’t hold me to account for every single one.

    Well…

    no of course you cannot be held responsible for people after they no longer work for your organisation.

  • #99174
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    A typical example of a ‘why you should invest in Spain’ article, the likes of which I’ve seen more times than I can say. They always regurgitate the same old arguments, all very superficial. Mind you, those arguments made some overseas property sales people very rich.

    http://jonbrent.com/invest-for-your-future-by-purchasing-property-overseas.html

  • #100026
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant
  • #100028
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Oh, must really translate some of the Russian guff, now they are really outrageous in their claims and have no problem in putting down any other place not of their fancy.

  • #100029
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Xana Sexta? Is that a name or Viagras new substitute?

  • #100030
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    http://ezinearticles.com/?expert_bio=Xana_Sexta

    Sorry but I’ve fallen in love with Xana.

  • #100033
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    “Lugansk” is the biggest scam town in Ukraine.

  • #100088
    Profile photo of angie
    angie
    Spectator

    Homes Overseas emailing me now and plugging property investment in Brazil 🙄

    Should we all rush off on inspection trips again and reserve our ‘cherry picked’, ‘you can flip it’ plots? 😆

    Don’t forget airfares there are only £2 return too, so it must make senses 😆

  • #100104
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Homes Overseas and OPP…I should send you some of their bulletins…priceless!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.