Property Hotspots 2012

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      angie
      Blocked

From today’s Yahoo page is an article regarding best and worst value countries to invest in for price compared to both rent and income.

For example:

Spain is overvalued 32% against rents and 30% against income
      Britain is overvalued 28% against rents and 20% against income

Japan is best undervalue for both with a figure of -36% against rent and income
      USA undervalued -8% against rent and -22% against income

So if these figures are fairly accurate, it looks like another hard year for Spanish property.

Now off to Japan for my 1st inspection flight 😆

Chopera
      Participant

The USA is beginning to look attractive both in terms of property and the economy in general. It’s a pity I know bugger all about how to invest in property over there!

Anonymous
      Participant

I suspect that extracting any sort of data out of Spain and making a meaningful comparison with other countries is useless.

The figures banded around seem to indicate that Spanish property has fallen 20~30% since peak. In reality this figure is much higher. Properties that sell (which are few and far between) are going upwards of 50% from peak.

All the Spanish stats are based from advertised prices and we all know that most are pure fiction with regards to reality in the wider world.

angie
      Blocked

The Link to the stats:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/property-hotspots-in-2012.html

You need to scroll right down to find these overseas stats 😉

Anonymous
      Participant

@jp1 wrote:

I suspect that extracting any sort of data out of Spain and making a meaningful comparison with other countries is useless.

The figures banded around seem to indicate that Spanish property has fallen 20~30% since peak. In reality this figure is much higher. Properties that sell (which are few and far between) are going upwards of 50% from peak.

All the Spanish stats are based from advertised prices and we all know that most are pure fiction with regards to reality in the wider world.

Hear ye hear ye.

This doesn’t take into account high unemployment though.

peterhun
      Participant

Look how cheap Germany is.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Spanish Real Estate Chatter’ is closed to new topics and replies.