Polaris World Murcia Spain

LoadingFavourite

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anonymous Anonymous 8 years, 8 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #53783
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Hello,
    I promised my wife that if we found a real upstanding Spanish Real estate company and bought from them then I would eat humble pie and write about them!

    I like so many others have not been overly impressed by the UK media coverage and advice from people that either have a feasted interest or from so called friends that have no idea!!

    We have spent hours on the Internet and finally agreed on a company called

    The reason we choose them was simple. they did not tell any lies and even advised us not to buy on

    Now all you people that want to listen to people that have no idea, then go ahead and be my guess!!

    Kind regards Guy & His happy Wife!!

  • #80075
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Suerly this has got to be spam……first post and live links to one company…..

  • #80078
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Credit where it’s due…they are inventive!! 😉

  • #80079
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    He thinks it’s the weekend – time for some humour.

  • #80080
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Snap! How about that Claire – we posted at precisely the same moment….7.17pm.
    Didn’t know that could happen – well this thread has been worth it just to know one can do that!

  • #80081
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    If you spent hours on the Internet and finally agreed on Polaris World, you really wasted your time. Try spending twice as much time and maybe you can come up with something better…

  • #80082
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    As he’s so expert at eating humble pie, wonder whether he’d do that now by admitting he’s been rumbled.

  • #80084
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @charlie wrote:

    Snap! How about that Claire – we posted at precisely the same moment….7.17pm.

    Aaahhhhhh! 😆

    Great minds Charlie,……etc etc.

  • #80091
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Hi

    The only way that Guy is going to keep his wife happy is to be a
    comedian 😆

    Come on :shock:” Guy and his Happy Wife” 😆

    Sounds like a new musical 😆 😆 😆 😆

    Just Frank 8)

  • #80107
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @ralita wrote:

    If you spent hours on the Internet and finally agreed on Polaris World, you really wasted your time. Try spending twice as much time and maybe you can come up with something better…

    Can you give me some idea of something in Spain that is better instead of just coming out with sort of stuff?. I love golf, hence can you show me a two bedroom frontline golf property for say E160,000 on a resort comparable with La Torre, somewhere else in Spain.

  • #80109
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @ralita wrote:

    If you spent hours on the Internet and finally agreed on Polaris World, you really wasted your time. Try spending twice as much ti
    me and may be you can come up with something better…

    Go on give us clue .LIKE WHAT can you find better,i hate la torre so much im selling my apt to buy a villa i must be a mug along with 2800 others mugs on la torre .offers welcome but nothing E160.000 THANKS

  • #80290
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant
  • #80293
    Profile photo of Inez
    Inez
    Participant

    Still way too expensive for the location. Same prices you can buy on the southern costa del sol!

    People need to realize that like central london (for example) with only few exceptions, prices get cheaper the further from the main area one moves!

    Its crazy how prices in Calahonda/Riviera are the same as Marbella! Finally some sense is coming back and the price diferentials are starting to emerge!

    Enough now, its 25 degrees out there already, its a friday – crackerjack day!!!

    Have a good one you lot! 😀

  • #80304
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Good to see that the snowball started rolling.

  • #80305
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @jameslondon wrote:

    http://www.polarisworlduk.com/newsletter/march108.html

    Theses are the La Torre also rans and have been dicussed before (see property wanted thread La Torre sale thread), they are not frontline, unless you like road frontline.

  • #80306
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @ralita wrote:

    @jameslondon wrote:
    http://www.polarisworlduk.com/newsletter/march108.html

    Good to see that the snowball started rolling.

    If you think thats the snowball rolling you must have a pretty poor understanding of prices on La Torre. Theres much better value than that on the resort (although the townhouse price they are quoting on a different flash is reasonable).

  • #80313
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant
    Mary Hinge wrote:
    If you think thats the snowball rolling you must have a pretty poor understanding of prices on La Torre. Theres much better value than that on the resort (although the townhouse price they are quoting on a different flash is reasonable).

    Unfortunately I had the misfortune to stay one week at La Torre resort.

    The prices they quote are incredibly high for that place. Even at 50% of those prices it would still be expensive for that kind of location (front golf or not…).

  • #80315
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @ralita wrote:

    @Mary Hinge wrote:
    If you think thats the snowball rolling you must have a pretty poor understanding of prices on La Torre. Theres much better value than that on the resort (although the townhouse price they are quoting on a different flash is reasonable).

    Unfortunately I had the misfortune to stay one week at La Torre resort.

    The prices they quote are incredibly high for that place. Even at 50% of those prices it would still be expensive for that kind of location (front golf or not…).

    We’ve had people who have been and and are returning this year. Location is important on La Torre as anywhere. I think you are just on here to run places down.

    Have you tried http://www.housepricecrash.com . I sense kindrid spirits.

  • #80320
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant
    Mary Hinge wrote:
    We’ve had people who have been and and are returning this year. Location is important on La Torre as anywhere. I think you are just on here to run places down.

    If they are golfers, maybe they would return.

    Otherwise I see no reason. Far from everything and bad quality construction.

    I have been in many beautiful resorts in Spain. La Torre was not one of them. Do not take it personally, I have nothing against anybody who bought there.

    About the site you mentioned (house price crash), it was good when it went against the
    majority’s opinion. Now everybody agrees that the house prices will decrease and that it will be quite a difficult period so why would anyone bother to visit that site anymore?

  • #80322
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @ralita wrote:

    @Mary Hinge wrote:
    We’ve had people who have been and and are returning this year. Location is important on La Torre as anywhere. I think you are just on here to run places down.

    If they are golfers, maybe they would return.

    Otherwise I see no reason. Far from everything and bad quality construction.

    I have been in many beautiful resorts in Spain. La Torre was not one of them. Do not take it personally, I have nothing against anybody who bought there.

    About the site you mentioned (house price crash), it was good when it went against the
    majority’s opinion. Now everybody agrees that the house prices will decrease and that it will be quite a difficult period so why would anyone bother to visit that site anymore?

    All none golfers that are returning, I kid you not. I like (not love) La Torre and for the prices they (in resale or discount) are asking I consider it reasonable priced. I wouldn’t come on here and ramp it, it certainly has its faults, i’ll list them(again):

    A bit of a housing estate on a golf course.
    Its a little dense.
    Its out of the way somewhat. The Murcia region itself is somewhat bland i’m afraid to say.
    The build quality is not fantastic. But its not poor although I am not a surveyor.
    Polaris leave a lot to answer for in admin stakes and off plan is a bit of a lottery buy.
    Certain resorts, El Val and Hacienda have been left at the mo. without facilities, although they appear to coming online.
    etc etc etc.

    But again prices are (now?) reasonable and the resort is nice.

  • #80323
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @Mary Hinge wrote:

    @ralita wrote:
    @Mary Hinge wrote:

    But again prices are (now?) reasonable and the resort is nice.

    Current prices may have been considered reasonable when the exchange rate was nudging 1.50€ to the £. However, at 1.25€ to the £ recent reductions mean very little to UK buyers.

    Kevin

  • #80326
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @kpw4v wrote:

    @Mary Hinge wrote:
    @ralita wrote:
    @Mary Hinge wrote:

    But again prices are (now?) reasonable and the resort is nice.

    Current prices may have been considered reasonable when the exchange rate was nudging 1.50€ to the £. However, at 1.25€ to the £ recent reductions mean very little to UK buyers.

    Kevin

    There are some ‘end of line’ at 35% discount hence effective 17% discount. Some resales are going with deeper discounts, I expect Hacienda to go deeper still.

  • #80330
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Hi Mary,

    I agree with all your disadvantage points of La Torre. But I would say that all could be forgivable if somebody likes golf or likes to be far away from civilization.

    For me the bid disadvantages of La Torre were the distance to Sea, mountains and decent supermarkets. The Alhama resort might be better located as I liked the Sierra Espuna mountains. Mar Menor is also better located as it is closer to the sea and close to Torre Pacheco where at least one can find some bigger food stores.

    But somebody else might see things completely different.

  • #80332
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @Mary Hinge wrote:

    @kpw4v wrote:
    @Mary Hinge wrote:
    @ralita wrote:
    @Mary Hinge wrote:

    There are some ‘end of line’ at 35% discount hence effective 17% discount. Some resales are going with deeper discounts, I expect Hacienda to go deeper still.

    35% discount off PW list price still does not represent value for money. I agree there are some deeper discounts on offer from “investors” who bought multiple units and are desperate to sell. I understand some people bought whole blocks and some even more upwards of 50 units.

    From reading other forums, I also now understand their is unrest about the level of fees as well.

    Kevin

  • #80333
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @kpw4v wrote:

    @Mary Hinge wrote:
    @kpw4v wrote:
    @Mary Hinge wrote:
    @ralita wrote:
    @Mary Hinge wrote:

    There are some ‘end of line’ at 35% discount hence effective 17% discount. Some resales are going with deeper discounts, I expect Hacienda to go deeper still.

    35% discount off PW list price still does not represent value for money. I agree there are some deeper discounts on offer from “investors” who bought multiple units and are desperate to sell. I understand some people bought whole blocks and some even more upwards of 50 units.

    From reading other forums, I also now understand their is unrest about the level of fees as well.

    Kevin

    I don’t think the 35% off is fantastic for the type of properties on offer, except in isolated examples (certain townhouses), yes there is unrest over fees, there are also certain people who spend hundred of posts on other forums trying to work out how to get sky tv to no avail.

    With regards value for money, well its subjective, but again can anyone show me front line for the Euro 160,000 on La Torre, or less on say Hacienda.

  • #80334
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @ralita wrote:

    Hi Mary,

    I agree with all your disadvantage points of La Torre. But I would say that all could be forgivable if somebody likes golf or likes to be far away from civilization.

    For me the bid disadvantages of La Torre were the distance to Sea, mountains and decent supermarkets. The Alhama resort might be better located as I liked the Sierra Espuna mountains. Mar Menor is also better located as it is closer to the sea and close to Torre Pacheco where at least one can find some bigger food stores.

    But somebody else might see things completely different.

    Everytime Polaris do a new development I worry about it more (Hacianda appears to taking a knock), Alhama looks very dense, many properties are just built round pools etc, and I don’t like offplan buying, especially when resale is attractive. Also I worry about quality/specification and finishings on certain of the new resorts. There’s some good prices on the resort but I just slightly worry what the end result will be to arrive at those prices.

    Mar Menor is better located than La Torre, of course Mar Menor 2 is the only apartment frontline and the prices are too high for an offplan in the current environment. Theres some (another polaris sale) E175,000 one up one down apartments on there that looked reasonable, but I was worried about the road view.

    I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, I agree La Torre is not everyones cup of tee, but La Torre is still a very smart resort, it doesn’t deserve a bad reputation, but it is what it is, La Torre and Hacienda are worth a look if people are considering golf, and the prices are starting to get very interesting.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.