- October 6, 2010 at 4:09 pm #55519
Some phobias you might want to avoid:
* Agoraphobia — fear of a place or event where escape is impossible or when help is unavailable.
* Algophobia — fear of pain.
* Anthropophobia, fear of people or being in a company, a form of social phobia
* Autophobia — fear of being alone.
* Aviophobia, Aviatophobia — fear of flying.
* Bacillophobia, Bacteriophobia, Microbiophobia — fear of microbes and bacteria.
* Cibophobia, Sitophobia — aversion to food, synonymous to Anorexia nervosa.
* Coulrophobia — fear of clowns (not restricted to evil clowns).
* Dental phobia, Dentophobia, Odontophobia — fear of dentists and dental procedures.
* Dysmorphophobia, or body dysmorphic disorder — a phobic obsession with a real or imaginary body defect.
* Emetophobia — fear of vomiting.
* Ergasiophobia, Ergophobia — fear of work or functioning, or a surgeon’s fear of operating.
* Erotophobia — fear of sexual love or sexual questions.
* Erythrophobia — pathological blushing.
* Gephyrophobia — fear of bridges
* Genophobia, Coitophobia — fear of sexual intercourse.
* Glossophobia — fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak.
* Gymnophobia — fear of nudity.
* Gynophobia — fear of women.
* Haptephobia – fear of being touched.
* Heliophobia — fear of sunlight.
* Hemophobia, Haemophobia — fear of blood.
* Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia — fear of the number 666.
* Mysophobia — fear of germs, contamination or dirt.
* Necrophobia — fear of death, the dead.
* Neophobia, Cainophobia, Cainotophobia, Cenophobia, Centophobia, Kainolophobia, Kainophobia — fear of newness, novelty.
* Nosophobia — fear of contracting a disease
* Nyctophobia, Achluophobia, Lygophobia, Scotophobia — fear of darkness.
* Osmophobia, Olfactophobia — fear of smells.
* Paraskavedekatriaphobia, Paraskevidekatriaphobia, Friggatriskaidekaphobia — fear of Friday the 13th.
* Panphobia — fear of everything or constantly afraid without knowing what is causing it
* Phonophobia — fear of loud sounds.
* Radiophobia — fear of radioactivity or X-rays.
* Sociophobia — fear/dislike of society or people in general (see also “sociopath”).
* Taphophobia — fear of the grave, or fear of being placed in a grave while still alive.
* Technophobia — fear of technology (see also Luddite).
* Tetraphobia — fear of the number 4.
* Tokophobia — fear of childbirth.
* Triskaidekaphobia, Terdekaphobia — fear of the number 13.
* Trypanophobia, Aichmophobia, Belonephobia, Enetophobia — fear of needles or injections
And of course Villaphobia – the fear of buying a home in Spain
- October 6, 2010 at 6:16 pm #101042
I fear I have a few of those 😆
- October 6, 2010 at 7:42 pm #101043
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.