Málaga’s claim to fame…..(shame)

LoadingFavourite

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anonymous Anonymous 7 years, 9 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #54798
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    The Socialist Mayor of the village of Alcaucín in Málaga is among 13 people arrested in Spain’s latest corruption scandal.
    160,000 euros has also been found under his mattress.

    That makes it now 11 towns and villages in Málaga province subject to cases investigating real estate corruption, with irregularities found both on the coast and inland.

    The cases of real estate corruption in the province is as follows:

    Marbella – the Malaya case with the GIL party in the centre
    Alhaurín el Grande – where the PP is at the centre of the Troya case
    Estepona – where the Socialists face the Astapa case
    Manilva – where the Ballena Blanca money laundering case affects the local PDEM party
    Gaucín – where the ex Partido Andalucista Mayor has been banned from public office for seven years
    Cómpeta – where the PP ex Mayor has been banned for seven years
    Tolox and Ojén – where the prosecutor wants to see both Mayors from the Partido Andalucista and PSOE Socialist party serve two years in prison
    Ronda – Where in the Merinos case the left wingers IU have complained about the PA
    La Viñuela – where the Socialist Mayor faces a possible 18 months jail
    Sayalonga – where the Socialist Mayor is charged.

    Below is a Reader’s Comment to the below-linked article on Typically Spanish which makes a point that always seems to get overlooked by the Spanish authorities. If these people are arrested/convicted of corruption, why the heck do the victims have to pay to go to court to get recompense?

    Paul
    28/2/2009 14:37

    Will the “foreigners” get their money properties legalised or have ALL their monies returned INCLUDING THAT for ANY IMPROVEMENTS that they may have carried out SINCE PURCHASING THEM FROM this YET ANOTHER THIEF/SPANISH CHEAT and IF NOT WHY NOT?? It appears to be the natural trait certainly throughout Andalucia for the Spaniard to cheat and thieve from foreigners AND his own countrymen and yet the Central Government do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it or NOTHING IN THE WAY OF COMPENSATING the victims insisting that they “must have known”? Well in some cases it is true that people DO buy KNOWING what is going on BUT IN THE MAJORITY OF CASES THEY DO NOT and cases SHOULD be investigated and looked at on a case by case position and if the purchaser IS found to be innocent AND the BUILDER,PROMOTER,MAYOR,LAWYER,TOWN HALL PLANNER GUILTY THEN THEY SHOULD PAY the buyer financially AND BE IMPRISONED and prohibited from holding PUBLIC OFFICE or being a Lawyer etc for 20 yrs.

    My thoughts exactly.

    http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_20253.shtml

  • #90580
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @charlie wrote:

    The Socialist Mayor of the village of Alcaucín in Málaga is among 13 people arrested in Spain’s latest corruption scandal.
    160,000 euros has also been found under his mattress.

    That makes it now 11 towns and villages in Málaga province subject to cases investigating real estate corruption, with irregularities found both on the coast and inland.

    The cases of real estate corruption in the province is as follows:

    Marbella – the Malaya case with the GIL party in the centre
    Alhaurín el Grande – where the PP is at the centre of the Troya case
    Estepona – where the Socialists face the Astapa case
    Manilva – where the Ballena Blanca money laundering case affects the local PDEM party
    Gaucín – where the ex Partido Andalucista Mayor has been banned from public office for seven years
    Cómpeta – where the PP ex Mayor has been banned for seven years
    Tolox and Ojén – where the prosecutor wants to see both Mayors from the Partido Andalucista and PSOE Socialist party serve two years in prison
    Ronda – Where in the Merinos case the left wingers IU have complained about the PA
    La Viñuela – where the Socialist Mayor faces a possible 18 months jail
    Sayalonga – where the Socialist Mayor is charged.

    l

    Is there any place near the Malaga Coast which is free of irregularities?

  • #90582
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    flosmichael

    I doubt it?. I think lies and corruption are so much part of the system, they encourage every scum bag to join the band wagon. Is it any wonder those who follow the rules, often fail to get justice?

  • #90584
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @goodstich44 wrote:

    flosmichael

    I doubt it?. I think lies and corruption are so much part of the system, they encourage every scum bag to join the band wagon. Is it any wonder those who follow the rules, often fail to get justice?

    Could anybody take the time and post some (known) illegal developments in Malaga area?
    That would really be a good help for the uniniated.

  • #90585
    Profile photo of katy
    katy
    Spectator

    It would probably take a few hours to do that 🙂

    As a guestimate I would say properties built before the late 90’s are a safe bet.

  • #90593
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @flosmichael wrote:

    Could anybody take the time and post some (known) illegal developments in Malaga area?

    Probably one of the best lists around is here, mainly compiled by Suzanne via (I assume) stories connected with her petition:
    http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10&topicdays=0&start=0

    It also depends on what you call ‘illegal’.
    Just look at Marbella Town Hall’s list of ‘to be legalised’ on their new PGOU plan. Then bear in mind the Junta haven’t approved it yet.
    That will give you a few thousand to be getting on with.

    When one looks at the length of these lists, the enormosity of the corruption and the consequent countless £millions of Brits. money tied up in it truly hits home.

  • #90594
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    “As a guestimate I would say properties built before the late 90’s are a safe bet.”

    Katy, I agree that is a starting point. However these properties were constructed very poorly e.g. foundations not as deep as they should have been, plumbing, insulation sound or otherwise, lack of fire exit & some cases no lift. It really is a lottery.

  • #90595
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Yes Charlie, absolutely. All the information has come directly from some of the petitioners involved in this humungous mess. Lots more to add, asap. Just not enough hours in the day at the moment 😯
    http://www.spanishpropertyscandalpetition.co.uk

    Our Petition will be going to No. 10 next week; just got to fill in some forms & security paraphernalia before date is finalised. Then Brussels end of March.
    Phew.

  • #90602
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    Good luck for next week Suzanne and again a big well done for what you have achieved so far.
    What security paraphernalia do you need…..an ID card for the petition? 😉

    Returning to this smug over-fed individual, the Mayor of Alcaucín, am pleased to see he was jailed without bail on Tuesday night. The judge is making him face five charges, of bribery, money laundering, document falsification, perversion of the course of justice and town planning irregularities.

    How sick are the locals who waited outside the court in Vélez-Málaga and applauded him on his arrival. Don’t they realise that people’s lives will have been affected by his corrupt dealings? He is a crook, thief and fraudster – not something worthy of applause in my book.
    I hope he isn’t just convicted and jailed but also stripped of assets to be shared out in compensation to those now probably owning an illegal property.

  • #90605
    Profile photo of katy
    katy
    Spectator

    I saw it on TV. The locals were patting him on the back and applauding him 😯 I suppose many of them will have done well out of the whole mess. Strange how it is always Foreigners whose properties are affected.

    Good luck Suzanne 🙂

  • #90615
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    katy

    I’ve heard many Spaniards have also fallen victim to the crooks, so it makes you wonder about those applauding lies and fraud?

    Do the locals just think that anyone who buys property must be so rich, they deserve what they get?, or is it an old political throwback of hatred against ‘the system’?

  • #90616
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    @katy wrote:

    Strange how it is always Foreigners whose properties are affected.

    Should I understand that the best way to buy non-lillegal property and to avoid future problems is to purchase in all-Spanish areas and speak only Spanish during the all buying process?

    Also, how could one know which pre-1999 properties are of better quality?

  • #90618
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    A year after the Prior’s lost their house in Vera (Almeria) to the bulldozers, the mayor of that town, Felix López, joined the Priors to meet this morning with the delegado provincial de la Junta de Andalucía, Luis Caparrós (who ordered the demolition), to explore the subject of compensation. According to a friend at the meeting, there was ‘a forthright and frank exchange of views’ on who was responsible but ‘small progress was made’. Seems that the reputation that Spain now enjoys internationally will continue to remain tarnished for a while longer.

  • #90628
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    lenox

    what can you say? After all the negative publicity, they still can’t make more tham ‘small progress’. Common sense still doesn’t stand for much in Spain does it?

  • #90647
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant
    goodstich44 wrote:
    katy

    I’ve heard many Spaniards have also fallen victim to the crooks, so it makes you wonder about those applauding lies and fraud?

    Do the locals just think that anyone who buys property must be so rich, they deserve what they get?, or is it an old political throwback of hatred against ‘the system’?

    Most Spaniards would just say it” es normal” corruption and local mayors and their mates acting like gods.

  • #90650
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

    “or is it an old political throwback of hatred against ‘the system’?” Yes, exactly!! the system ?? let’s see where the deeply entrenched hatred gets them – long term stagnation in andalucia is what I predict without protection for the angry masses !!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.