Did you buy in Spain during 1970s?

LoadingFavourite

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anonymous Anonymous 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Participant

Hello! I wonder if anyone out there can help me? I’m researching information from people who bought property in Spain during the 1970’s. I’ve already had a very interesting chat with a gentleman who bought a holiday home in Javea in 1972. However it would be great to add some balance with the experiences of a few other people.

If you can help, it would be great to find out just why did you decide to buy abroad at that time. Also what did your friends and family think – mad or glad? And what advice, if any, did you get from UK banks, solicitors etc.

Hope that you can help.

Thanks so much…
    Van

Anonymous
    Participant

I’ve already had a very interesting chat with a gentleman who bought a holiday home in Javea in 1972.

Does he have a LFO yet?

(sorry couldn’t resist) πŸ˜†

Profile photo of katy
    katy
    Spectator

Paul! You of all posters 😯 πŸ˜†

Anonymous
    Participant

No LFO.

The house was demolished in 1973 ! πŸ˜€

(Sorry – couldn’t resist that either……………….)

Anonymous
    Participant

Unfortunately…he retired there in 1986 and still lives there quite happily!

Anonymous
    Participant

ok come on Van you cant possibly expect us to believe that!!!!!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

Anonymous
    Participant

POO POO thats what people do on this forum. Heres a perfect example of how a expat had a dream and is happily living it in Javea Spain, just because a few people (it`s called a minority) have had a few teething problems in Spain doesn`t mean that it`s a bad idea to purchase a property in Spain !

It could be the most important financial decision in your life so make sure you get it right !

Rant Over

😈

Anonymous
    Participant

I can’t believe that every Brit who owns a property in Spain is miserable and moaning! I’ve only had mine for 18 months and I love it with all its quirks – am I the only one????
    Van

Anonymous
    Participant

No tust one of the few who will dare to say so, tread carefully

Anonymous
    Participant

My dad bought this house where I’m living back in 1968. Very happy.

Anonymous
    Participant

Oh dear this is turning into a happy thread, tin hats please.

PS is becoming a qualified and FSA regulated Financial Advisor better than being an Estate Agent πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Profile photo of katy
    katy
    Spectator

@van wrote:

I can’t believe that every Brit who owns a property in Spain is miserable and moaning! I’ve only had mine for 18 months and I love it with all its quirks – am I the only one????
    Van

I am very happy with my property…not sure about the rest of Spain πŸ˜•

Van, your above post contradicts all your other posts!

Anonymous
    Participant

I had a bit of a tough time when I bought my place, however this was probably due to my in-experience and not doing my homework properly combined with a rather wily Austrian vendor! A few months of pain for 18 months of gain – bargain!

Anonymous
    Participant

…….so there all you doom mongers. There is at least 4 people happy with their Spanish purchase.

What is all the fuss about?

Anonymous
    Participant

I’m happy with mine as well so that is 5 of us who are happy, which is over 50% of posters so far, so is it half full or half empty!!

Anonymous
    Participant

……..of course there are many happy customers, far to many miserable one’s than there should be though sadly, thanks to all the now well publicised problems.

Anonymous
    Participant

Buyer beware etc.

Not going to make money but generally happy. Looking to buy again in say 2 years as soon as i’ve raised a hefty deposit and are sure the market has at least stabilised.

Don’t buy to make money (at least not for few years) ❗ . Don’t buy off plan ❗ . Do your homework ❗ . The weather is crap in Britain and getting worse ❗ .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.