Many people dream of building their own house in Spain, or refurbishing a property with potential. But if building a house or refurbishing a property in your own country is a big commitment, imagine how much more of a challenge it is in a foreign country like Spain.
The key to success is knowledge and organisation: You have to know what you are doing and be well organised.
This section will help you get your mind around the key issues to understand if you plan to build or refurbish a property in Spain.
- Getting the job done
- Home energy efficiency certificates in SpainEnergy efficiency certificates are now compulsory in Spain, and you cannot rent a property long term, or sell your property without one. This section gives you all the information you need on home energy certificates in Spain
- Home Energy Certificates – what next?Having explained the background to the Home Energy Efficiency Certificates in a previous article, this article looks and the practical implications and how you can use the certificate to your advantage.
- Spanish Energy Efficiency Certificates for existing buildings – FAQSpain has introduced a new law (Real Decreto 235/2013) obliging property owners to get energy efficiency certificates before they can sell or rent their homes, in line with other European countries. This FAQ provides basic information on the energy efficiency certificate, and will be followed up with another article on how to take advantage of the certificate and improvements in home energy efficiency.
- Home Energy Certificates – what next?
- Information and documentation required
- Land classification and planning zones in Spain
- Permits or licences required for building or refurbishing property in Spain
- The professionals involved and their responsibilities
- Types of building projects in Spain
- Useful Construction Terms in English and Spanish