Vendors always went to talk up benefits whilst reducing perceived costs, but telling lies is another matter. In a country like Spain, where the information you get from estate agents is patchy at best, buyers often find that the property or plot size ain’t half as big as advertised. Here are some other common fibs told by vendors.
- There is no damp or infestations
- The electrical installations are in perfect condition
- This place never gets flooded
- Taxes and maintenance costs are low
- It’s a quiet area
- They are going to build a golf course here
- Your sea view is safe